Fiddling Demystified Class, Philadelphia Folksong Society’s Folkschool. (Signup form for classes and archived lessons)
Sept. 30 – Oct. 21 – Dorian tunes in 4/4 and 2/4 to learn and backup – the tunes are meant to be played as a medley, with Cutting Ferns followed by Cluck Auld Hen in 6/8, then Cluck Old Hen in 2/4.
- Cutting Ferns (strathspey) Am
- sheet music (treble clef) from Jerry Holland, Vol. I, Cranford Publications.
- YouTube link: Jerry Holland’s first Rounder recording, Master Cape Breton Fiddler)
- track Cutting Ferns/Brenda Stubbert’s © Jerry Holland – excerpt from Acadian House Party CD with Eddie Arsenault
- Cluck Old Hen (Southern Old-Time reel) Am (from Fiddling Demystified, Vol. I),
- Donna plays all three separately and together on YouTube:
- Cutting Ferns
- Cluck Auld Hen 6/8
- Cluck Old Hen 2/4
- Medley of all three tunes